About Us


The Cleveland Messiah Chorus is dedicated to the annual performance of Handel’s Messiah.

The group was founded in 1921 by William Albert Hughes, the Director of Music at Franklin Circle Church. The first performance under his direction was on December 31, 1922 and it is mentioned in the Encyclopedia of Cleveland History (David D. Van Tassel and John J. Grabowski, editors. 1996, p. 775) among groups “representing the renowned Welsh singing tradition here.”

Looking for more information on our next performance?

Dates for our performance this year can be found here. Inquiries on all other matters can be submitted here.

Interested in joining the choir?

Visit here to find more information.